(Pb. Act VI of 1992)
29th June, 1992
An Act to continue and revise
certain taxes and fees in the Punjab
Preamble.— Whereas it is expedient to continue and revise certain taxes and fees in the Province of the Punjab;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Finance Act, 1992.
(2) It shall come into force on the first day of July 1992, except Section 3 which shall come into force at once.
(3) It shall extend to the whole of the Punjab.
2. Amendment of Act II of 1899.— In the Stamp Act, 1899 (II of 1899):-
(i) in section 29, in clause (c), after the word “grantee”, the words “and grantor in equal shares” shall be inserted; and
(ii) in schedule I, in Article 23, for clause (b), the following shall be substituted:-
“(b) In case of immovable property in an urban area. Rupees eight and a half for every rupees one hundred or part thereof if the total value of the property does not exceed rupees three hundred thousand and rupees ten for every rupees one hundred or part thereof if the total value of the property exceeds that amount.”
3. Amendment of Act X of 1958.— In the Punjab Entertainments Duty Act, 1958 (X of 1958):-
(1) in section 2, for clause (d), the following shall be substituted:-
“(d) ‘Entertainment’ includes any exhibition, performance, amusement or horse racing to which persons are admitted on payment;”;
(2) in section 3, in sub-section (1):-
(i) for the words “one hundred percent”, the words “sixty-five percent” shall be substituted; and
(ii) for the last proviso, the following shall be substituted:-
“Provided further that if the amount of duty at the aforementioned rate is not a multiple of ten paisas, the amount of duty shall be rounded to the next higher multiple of ten paisas.”;
(3) after section 3, the following new section 3-A shall be added:-
“3-A. Duty on special classes of entertainments.— Notwithstanding the provisions of section 3, the duty on the entertainments mentioned below in column No. 2 shall be charged at the rates mentioned against each in column No. 3:-
S.No. Entertainment Rate of duty
1 2 3
1. Admission to recreational parks, amusement parks, fun lands and other similar recreational spots. (a) No duty for the first two years of the functioning of such entertainments;
(b) ten percent of the payment for admission during the next two years; and
(c) twenty-five percent of the payment for admission thereafter.
2. Stage drama Fifty percent of the payment for admission.
3. Admission to horse racing. Hundred percent of the payment for admission.”
(4) In Section 4, after the existing proviso, the following further proviso shall be added:-
“Provided further that no duty on admission to an entertainment shall be charged from a bona fide proprietor of that entertainment or his spouse or children subject to a maximum of four persons in a show”.
4. Amendment of Act XIV of 1973.— In the Punjab Finance Act, 1973 (XIV of 1973):-
(1) section 4 shall be omitted.
(2) in the Second Schedule, for entries against serial Nos. 1 to 5, the following shall be substituted:-
“1. Fee for the test of competence to drive under sub-rule (3) of rule 8—
(i) Motor Cycle 30.00
(ii) Motor Cycle Rickshaw 30.00
(iii) Motor Cab Rickshaw 30.00
(iv) Motor Car 100.00
(v) Motor Cab/Taxi 40.00
(vi) Delivery Van 40.00
(vii) Light Transport Vehicles 50.00
(viii) Heavy Transport Vehicle 60.00
(ix) Light Transport Vehicle (P.S.V.) 50.00
(x) Heavy Transport Vehicle (P.S.V.) 60.00
(xi) Locomotive 100.00
(xii) Tractor 40.00
(xiii) Road Roller 100.00
(xiv) Invalid Carriage 20.00
(xv) Any other category 40.00
2. Fee for issue of driving licence under clause (i) of rule 26:-
(i) Motor Cycle 50.00
(ii) Motor Cycle Rickshaw 50.00
(iii) Motor Cab Rickshaw 50.00
(iv) Motor Car 100.00
(v) Delivery Van 60.00
(vi) Light Transport Vehicle 80.00
(vii) Heavy Transport Vehicle 100.00
(viii) Locomotive 140.00
(ix) Tractor 40.00
(x) Road Roller 100.00
(xi) Invalid Carriage 20.00
(xii) Any other category 40.00
3. For renewal of driving licence under clause (ii) of rule 26:-
a) If paid within thirty days from the day of the expiry of a licence. same as for the issue of a licence under serial No. 2 above.
b) If paid after thirty days but within ninety days of the expiry of a licence. a sum equal to the fee under item (a) above plus 50% thereof.
c) If paid after ninety days but within one year of the expiry of a licence. a sum equal to double the fee prescribed under item (a) above.
d) If paid after one year of the expiry of a licence. a sum equal to the fee under item (c) above plus 25% thereof.
4. Fee for a duplicate licence under sub-rule (6) of rule 13, sub-rule (4) of rule 14 and sub-rule (4) of rule 15. a sum equal to the fee prescribed for the issue of a licence under serial No. 2 above.
5. (i) Fee for learner’s driving licence under sub-rule (2) of rule 19. Rs. 40.00
(ii) Fee for renewal of a learner’s driving licence under sub-rule (4) of rule 19. Rs. 20.00”