CT VI OF 2004
25th February, 2004
An Act to amend the University of Sargodha Ordinance, 2002
No.PAP-LEGIS-2(21)/2003/579, dated 23-2-2004.—The University of Sargodha (Amendment) Bill 2003, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on 8th January, 2004, and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 19,th February, 2004, is hereby published as an act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
Whereas it is expedient to amend the University of Sargodha Ordinance, 2002 (LXXX of 2002), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the University of Sargodha (Amendment) Act, 2004.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment in section 2 of Ordinance LXXX of 2002.—In the said Ordinance, in section 2, after clause (p), the following new clause (p-a) shall be added:-
“(p-a) `Pro-Chancellor’ means the Pro-Chancellor of the University; ”
3. Amendment in section 9 of Ordinance LXXX of 2002.—In the said Ordinance, in section 9, after subsection (6), the following new subsection (7) shall be added:–
“(7) In the performance of his functions under this Ordinance, the Chancellor shall act and be bound in the same manner as the Governor of a Province acts and is bound under Article 105 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan ”
4. Addition of section 11-A in Ordinance LXXX of 2002.—In the said Ordinance, after section 11, the following new section 11-A shall be added: –
“11-A. Pro-Chancellor.—(1) The Minister for Education, Government of the Punjab, shall be the Pro-Chancellor, of the, University.
(2) He shall perform such duties and functions and exercise such powers as may be assigned and delegated to him by the Chancellor.”
5. Amendment in section 20 of Ordinance LXXX of 2002.—-In the said Ordinance, in section 20, subsection (1)—
(i) in clause (xi), the word “and” occurring after the semicolon shall be omitted;
(ii) in clause (xii), the full stop occurring at the end shall be substituted by a semicolon, and thereafter the word “and” shall be added; and
(iii) after clause (xii), the following new clause (xiii) shall be added: —
“(xiii) three members of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab to be nominated by the Speaker of the Assembly.”