ORDINANCE III OF 2001
28th February, 2001
An Ordinance to amend the University of Balochistan Act, 1996
No. Legis.1-4/Law/70-III, dated 28-2-2001.–The following Ordinance made by the Governor of Balochistan on 19th February, 2001, is hereby published for general information:–
Preamble.—Whereas it is expedient to amend the University of Balochistan Act, 1996 in the manner hereafter appearing;
And whereas, the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan stands suspended in pursuance of Proclamation of Emergency of the fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Governor of Balochistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order, 1999 (Chief Executive’s Order No.9 of 1999) and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of Balochistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:—
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Ordinance may called the University of Balochistan (Amendment) Ordinance, 2001.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 2 of Act III of 1996.—In the University of Balochistan Act, 1996, hereinafter referred to as the said Act, after clause (pi of section 2, the following new clause shall be inserted:–
3. Amendment of section 9 of Act III of 1996.—In the said Act, after 19, the following new clause shall be added:–
4. Amendment of section 12 of Act III of 1996.—In the said Act, in section 12.—
(a) the brackets and the figure “(1)” appearing before the words “The Vice-Chancellor shall be omitted.
(b) subsection (2), shall be omitted.
5. Amendment of section 13 of Act III of 1996.—In the said Act, after section 13, the following new sections shall be added:–
“13-A. Pro-Vice-Chancellor.–(1) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by Chancellor, on such terms and conditions as the Chancellor may determine.
(2) At any time when the office of the Vice-Chancellor is vacant or the Vice-Chancellor proceeds on official tour or is absent or is unable to perform the functions of his office due to illness or other reasons, the Pro-Vice-Chancellor will perform the duties of the Vice-Chancellor.
13-B. Powers and Duties of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor.–(1) The ProVice-Chancellor shall assist the Vice-Chancellor in all University affairs. All matters requiring orders, approval, sanction from the Vice-Chancellor shall be routed through the Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor shall be ex officio member on all the Statutory Bodies of the University, such as Senate, Syndicate, Academic Council, Finance and Planning Committee, Advance Studies and Research Board, Selection Board and the Affiliation Committee