18th May, 2006
No. S.O.(S-VII)l-33/2004. In exercise of the powers conferred upon him under Section-13 of the Punjab Education Foundation Act 2004, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to direct that the following rules shall be made:-
1. Short title, Commencement and Application
(1) These rules may be called ‘The Punjab Education Foundation
• , Service Rules 2006’;
(2) They shall come into force at once;
‘ (3) These rules shall be applicable to Regular employees of the
1. In these rules unless there is any thing repugnant in the subject
(a) “Act” means the Punjab Education Foundation Act 2004.
(b) “Board” means the Board of Directors of Foundation.
(c) “Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Board.
(d) “Competent Authority” means the Chairperson of the Board, or
any other officer who has been delegated powers by Board in
(e) “Contract Appointment” means appointment made under a
specific agreement for a fixed period.
(f) ” Employee” means a regular employee on the payroll of the Foundation in any office of the Foundation.
(g) “Foundation” means the Punjab Education Foundation.
(h) “Government” means the Government of the Punjab.
(i) “Managing Director” means the Managing Director of the
(j) “Selection Committee” means a Committee or Committees to be constituted by the Board for appointment or promotion of the employees of the Foundation.
(k) “Schedule” means a schedule attached to these Rules.
2. Words and expressions used herein but not defined shall have the same meaning as are assigned to them in the Punjab Education Foundation Act, 2004.
1. Seniority of the employees of the Foundation shall be determined as per rules applicable to the Civil Servants of the Government of Punjab.
2. Conduct of the employees of the Foundation shall be governed by the West Pakistan Government Servants Conduct Rules, 1966 provided that competent authority in their cases shall be the
Board of Directors.
3. Efficiency and Discipline of the employees of the Foundation
shall be regulated by the Punjab Removal from Service (Special
Powers) Ordinance 2001 or any other law for the time being
4. Termination of Services
1. Any employee of the Foundation may resign from Service by giving one month’s notice or one month’s pay in lieu thereof.
2. In case of abolition/retrenchment of a post or posts, services of junior most employees shall be terminated first.
When any employee of the Foundation retires from Service:-
1. He /She shall qualify for pension or other retirement benefits
provided he/she has completed 20 years of service, or
2. On attaining the age of superannuation.
The Foundation can transfer its employees to any of its offices in Punjab.
The Revised Leave rules 1981 framed under Section (3) of the Civil Servants Act-1974 Government of Punjab shall be applicable to the employees of the Punjab Education Foundation, as notified vide No.F.D.SR-III-I-85/78 on July 13th 1981.
8. Medical Facilities
All employees of the Foundation and their families shall be entitled to Medical treatment according to rules applicable to Government servants or as admissible under the Medical Attendance Rules, 1959.
9. G.P. Fund
A fund, namely General Provident Fund, shall be established for the employees of the Foundation and shall be operated in accordance with the G.P. Fund rules applicable to Government Servants.
10. Pension Fund
A fund, namely Pension Fund, shall be established for employees of the Foundation and shall be operated according to the Pension Rules applicable to Government Servants.
Package of pay and allowances as per pay scale of the post on the pattern of other autonomous bodies as determined by the Board.
12. Benevolent Fund
A benevolent fund shall be set up for the employees of the Foundation and its regulation shall be determined by the Board.
13. Welfare Fund
A welfare fund shall be set up for the employees of the Foundation and its regulations shall be determined by the Board.
“Saving” The existing employees of the Foundation, who are otherwise eligible, shall be deemed to have been regularized from the date of their appointment / absorption in the Foundation.