S.R.O 356K; 62, dated the 29th March, 1962. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 19 of the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance,1961 (XLVI of 1961), the Central Government is pleased to make the following rules namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. (1) These rules may be called the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Rules, 1962.
(2) The shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions. In these rules., unlaced there is anything repugnant in the subject or context.
a. “Financial Year” has the same meaning as assigned to in the General Clauses Act. 1897(X of 1897).
b. “Form” means a form in Schedule II.
c. “Ordinance” means the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance, 1961(XLVI of 1961).
d. “Schedule” means a schedule appended to these rules.
e. “Section” means section of the Ordinance.
3. Constitution of an Agency. The constitution of an agency shall not be repugnant to any of the provisions of the Ordinance for these rules and shall, inter alia, make provision for the matters specified in Schedule I.
Provided that Registration Authority may, for sufficient reason, approve the Constitution of an agency which does not make provision for any of the matters aforesaid.
4. Application for Registration. -(1) An application for the registration of an agency existing immediately before the coming into force of the Ordinance shall be in form A, and an application for the registration of an agency established thereafter shall be in Form B.
(2) In either case, an application for registration shall be accompanied by:-
(i) a copy of treasury challan for Rs. 25/- paid in the Head of Account “XXXVI- Misc. Departments- Misc. (13)- Fees of Reg. Of Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Provincial)”
(ii) a copy of the constitution of the agency; and
(iii) in the case of an application in Form A, by the other documents mentioned in that Form.
4 Enquiry prior to registration. – The enquiries to be made by the Registration Authority under section 4 may include enquiries in respect of the necessity and feasibility of the programmes of the agency, its financial status, state of affairs and standard of service
5 Certificate of registration. – A certificate of registration issued under section 4 shall be in Form C.
6 Date on which the agency starts functioning. – An agency established after the coming into force of the Ordinance shall start functioning within three months of the date on which the certificate of registration is issued to it and shall inform the Registration Authority of its having done so within fifteen days thereof.
7 Register to be maintained by the Registration Authority.- The register to be maintained by the Registration Authority under sub-section (3) of section 4 shall be in Form D.
8 Maintenance of accounts and registers.(1) The following books of account and other records shall be maintained by an agency, namely:-
(a) a cash book in which shall be entered in chronological order every amount paid or received by or on behalf of the agency and all payments shall be supported by necessary vouchers which shall be preserved;
(b) a ledger which shall contain all personal and impersonal accounts;
(c) an income and expenditure account which shall be compiled at the close of each financial year and shall be audited by a Chartered Accountant or auditor or auditors approved by the Registration Authority and shall be submitted to the said Authority within six months of the close of the financial year;
(d) a members book which shall contain the names and addresses of the members;
(e) a Minutes book which shall contain record of the minutes of the meetings of the agency;
(f) an inspection book in which shall be recorded the views of the persons authorised to inspect the agency;
(g) such other books as the Registration Authority may by order in writing require.
(2) Every employee of an agency responsible for the custody or handling of cash or stores shall be required to furnish a security in the form of Fidelity Bond from an insurance company of reasonable financial standing for such amount as the agency may determine and a copy of such Bond shall be furnished to the Registration Authority.
9 Annual Report. – (1) An agency shall at the close of each financial year publish an Annual Report containing, inter alia, the following details, namely:-
(a) general management of the agency;
(b) details of the nature and extent of service rendered during the year, if possible supported by figures;
(c) programme for the next year; and
(d) audited accounts.
(2) A copy of the Annual Report shall be submitted to the Registration Authority immediately on its publication.
11. Change of the address of the agency. – Any change in the address of an agency shall be communicated to the Registration Authority within seven days thereof.
12. Voluntary dissolution of agency. – Application for the dissolution of any agency under section 11 shall be in Form E and shall bear the signatures of all the members who are parties to the application
13. Fee for inspection of documents etc. – The fee for inspection of any documents relating to a registered agency at the office of the Registration Authority, shall be two rupees and fifty paisa per document and the fee for obtaining a copy of or extract from any such document shall be fifty paisa for every hundred words or part thereof.