Ordinance No. LXVIII of 2007
further to amend the Price Control and Prevention of Profiteering and Hoarding Act, 1977
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the-,Price Control and Prevention of Profiteering and Hoarding Act, 1977, (XXIX of 1977), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
AND WHEREAS the National Assembly is not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to fake immediate action:
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1.) of Article ‘39 of [be Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan read with the Proclamation of Emergency of the 3”” day of November. 2007 and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 2007, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:–
1 Short title and commencement. (1) This Ordinance may be called the Price Control and Prevention of Profiteering and Hoarding (Amendment Ordinance, 2007.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2,. Insertion of new section, Act XXIX of 1977.- (1) in the Price Control and Prevention of Profiteering and Hoarding Act, 1977 (XXIX of 1977), after section 2, the following new section 2A shall be inserted, namely:-
“2A.Establishment of Price Control Councils.- (1) There shall be a Federal Price Control Council at Federal level and a Provincial Price Council in each Province.
(2) The Federal Price Control Council shall be headed by the Prime Minister, and shall consist of the following members, namely:
(1) Minister for Finance or Advisor to the Prime Minister on Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs and Statistics ;
(2) Minister for Food, Agriculture & Livestock;
(3) Minister for industries, Production and Special initiatives;
(4) Minister for Interior;
(5) Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission;
(6) Chief Minister of all Provinces; and-
(7) such other members as the Prime Minister may deem fit
(3) “The Federal Price Control Council shall
(i) obtain information regarding prices of essential commodities prevailing In various markets;
(ii) review the prices fixed, by the competent authorities in various parts of the country:
(iii) monitor the action taken by the Special Magistrates and other enforcement authorities under this Act for purposes of price control;
(iv) issue directions and orders to ensure ; implementation of the provisions of this Act.
(4) The Provincial Price Control Council shall be headed by the Chief Minister of a Province and shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(1) Minister for Agriculture;
(2) Minister for Food,.
(3) Minister for Industries;
(4) Minister for Agriculture and Marketing ;
(5) Chief Secretary;
(6) Chairman / Additional Chief Secretary,
Planning and Development;
(7) Secretary-Home Department; and
(8) such ether members as the Chief Minister may deem fit.
(5) The provisions of sub-section (3) shall mutatis mutudis apply to Provincial Price Control Council.
(6) The Provincial Price Control Council shall also be responsible for ensuring implementation of the directions and orders issued by the Federal Price Control Council”,