Client Query 135:- Hi, hope all is well at your end! We intend to pre-qualify contractors for hiring of temporary manpower services. For inviting applications for prequalification, please guide on the following grounds:-
1) Is it mandatory to advertise in press for seeking applications for prequalification from interested firms/ contracts?
2) Would there be a closing date/ time, like normal tender enquiry, for receipt of pre-qualification applications?
3) Can we receive/ accept application for pre-qualification after closing date and prior to finalizing the process.
4) Can we send pre-qualification documents directly to competitive and renowned firms?
5) For how long (maximum period) we can pre-qualify a firm?
Adnan Javaid, USA
Answer:- Thank you very much for writing to us. As per your query the answer to it is as follows:-
1). Yes, it is mandatory to float pre-qualification notice as per requirements of Rule 12 of Public Procurement Rules, 2004 for prequalification of contractors or suppliers for hiring the services.
2) Yes, requirement of Rules 13 and 28 of Public Procurement Rules, 2004 is also mandatory.
3) After closing date and time no offer / filled-in prequalification documents from the interested suppliers or contractors can be entertained.
4) In terms of rule 16(2) of Public Procurement Rules, 2004 the procuring agency shall provide a set of pre-qualification documents to any supplier or contractor, on request and subject to payment of price, if any. Explanation: For the purposes of this sub-rule price means the cost of printing and providing the documents only.
5) Prequalification shall be specific and preferably for a procurement activity such that it does not restrict competition and level playing field for other competitors. Hope this answers your query!
If you wish to inquire anything else you may set up an appointment with our extremely competent team of lawyers and visit our office which is located at GF-13, Tower A, The Centaurus, Islamabad, Pakistan.
You can also reach us at 0092-300-5075993