PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (DEVELOPMENT
ORDINANCE XVIII OF 1984
15th April, 1984
An Ordinance further to amend the
Petroleum Products (Development Surcharge) Ordinance, 1961
No. F. 17(1)/84-Pub.-The following Ordinance made by the President is hereby published for general information :
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Petroleum Products (Development Surcharge) Ordinance, 1961 (XXV of 1961), for the purposes hereinafter appearing ;
And whereas the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action ;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July, 1977, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance :-
1. Short title and commencement.–(1) This Ordinance may be called the Petroleum Products (Development Surcharge) (Amendment) Ordinance, 1984.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the sixteenth day of February, 1980.
2. Amendment of section 2, Ordinance XXV of 1961.–In the Petroleum Products (Development ‘Surcharge) Ordinance, 1961 (XXV of 1961) hereinafter referred to as the said Ordinance, in section 2,-
(a) in clause (1), after the word “Schedule” at the end, the words “and includes a person engaged in the manufacturing, refining or reclaiming of lubricating oil from used lubricating oil” shall be added ; and
(b) after clause (1) amended as aforesaid, the following new clause shall be inserted, namely :–
“(1-A) “depot” includes the premises set apart for manufacturing, refining or reclaiming lubricating oil from used lubricating oil in any manner ;”
3. Amendment of the First Schedule, Ordinance XXV of 1961.–In the said Ordinance, in the First Schedule, for entry 12 the following shall be substituted, namely :-
“12. Lubricating oil including Base Oil and Lubricating Oil reclaimed from used Lubricating Oil.”
4. Amendment of the Third Schedule, Ordinance XXV of 1961.–In the said Ordinance, in the Third Schedule, for entry 10 the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“10. Lubricating Oil including Base Oil and Lubricating Oil reclaimed from used Lubricating Oil (Rs. per litre) 15.00”.
5. Validation.-Notwithstanding anything contained in the said Ordinance or in any rule made thereunder, and notwithstanding any order of any Court or other authority, the Notifications specified in the Schedule issued by the Director Oil Operations or Director Oil Movement, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (4) of section 2 of the said Ordinance, clause (g) of rule 3 of the Petroleum Products (Development Surcharge) Rules, 1967, read with Notification No. S. R. O. 851(1)/79, dated the 24th September, 1979, and clauses (a) to (f) of rule I and rule 6 of the said Rules shall, notwithstanding the fact that the said powers, in so far as development surcharge on lubricating oil reclaimed from used lubricating oil is concerned, were not available to the aforesaid Director, be deemed to have been validly issued and shall have, and shall be deemed always to have had, effect accordingly.
(See section 5)
No. S. R. O. 188(I)/80, dated the 16th February, 1980.
No. S. R. O. 546 (I)/80, dated the 25th May, 1980.
No. S. R. O. 1221 (I),180, dated the 6th December, 1980.
No. S. R. O. 1200 (I)/81, dated the 9th November, 1981.
No. S. R. O. 569 (I)/82, dated the 14th June, 1982.
No. S. R. O. 23 (I)/83, dated the 9th January, 1983.