What is the procedure of giving divorce to wife?

Any man who wishes to divorce his wife shall, as soon as may be after the pronouncement of Talaq in any form whatsoever, give the Chairman of the local Union Council a notice in writing of his having done so, and shall supply a copy thereof to the wife.