Application for Withdrawal of a Supreme Court Appeal

Client Question:  It is possible to withdraw an Appeal in the Supreme Court of Pakistan if no date is fixed for its hearing if  the appellant/applicant has entered into compromise with the complainant party through intervention of the elders of locality/Jirga. Both parties have pledged to live quietly and peacefully?

Yes, in pursuance of Section 338-E PPC (Pakistan Penal Code) the client can withdraw the appeal if he wants to submit the compromise before the learned trial Court/Sessions Court. The reasoning which needs to be given is that because the subject appeal is pending, it is not possible to do so at the same time.The court will however need to see if the withdrawal of subject appeal would seem in the interest of justice.

By The Josh and Mak Team

If you are reading this, chances are we will become your favourite virtual law firm at some point. In an economy where businesses have lost their strategic edge and are forced to reconsider their traditional concepts of consulting bricks and mortar law firms, which bill by the minute, we can provide you with affordable quality legal advice, delivered anywhere in the world. Since 2010, our firm has already pioneered and adopted the concept of honest and practical legal advice, delivered straight to your email inbox. In the post Covid19 era, working with the Josh and Mak Team means that, you will get the same commitment, discipline and work ethic, without the heavy Bricks and Mortar and the financial baggage which comes with the latter. Let your choice to work with Josh and Mak International become your unfair strategic advantage over your business competitors of the past, present and the future!

This site is protected by

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.