Punjab Excise (Grant of Reward Informers and Other Persons)
1. (1) these rules may be called the Punjab Excise (Grant of Reward Informers and Other Persons) Rules, 1966.
(2) They shall come into force at once
2. The following authorities may grant rewards to officers, informers and other persons up to the limit shown against each out of the budget grant under the grant No.3 Provincial-Excise:
1. Director, Excise & Up to Rs.500.00 in any one case under the Punjab
Taxation. Excise Act, 1914.
2. Director (Headquarters), Excise & Taxation, Punjab.
3. Excise Commissioner Up to 750.00/- in any one case under the Punjab Excise Act, 1914 investigated by or Incharge of Excise Intelligence Bureau, Punjab.
Up to Rs.1000.00 in any one under the Punjab Excise Act.
3. Any reward payable to an informer may be disbursed with the approve the granting authority without requiring the attendance of the actual payee receipt from him.
4. Subject to the orders of Government, if any, the Excise Commissioner give directions specifying the procedure of the grant disbursement, accounts verification of the rewards and issue other instructions necessary for regulating grant of rewards and guiding the granting authorities.
The Punjab Excise (Grant of Rewards to Informers and Other Persons) Rules, 1966 were notified by Provincial Government, vide notification No.144-740-Excise & Taxation-III dated the 19.04.1996 in exercise of powers conferred by section 58 of the Punjab Excise ACT (1 of 1914).