PUNJAB CONFERMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ON NON-PROPRIETORS IN ABADI DEH (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2001
(Pb Ord LVII of 2001)
[22nd December, 2001]
An Ordinance further to amend the
Punjab Conferment of Proprietary Rights on Non-Proprietors in Abadi Deh Act, 1995.
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Punjab Conferment of Proprietary Rights on Non-Proprietors in Abadi Deh Act, 1995 (I of 1995), for the purpose hereinafter appearing;
And whereas the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab is dissolved and the Governor is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
And whereas under Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No. 9 of 1999, as amended by the Chief Executive Order No. 11 of 2000, the Governor of a Province may issue and promulgate an Ordinance;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the aforesaid powers and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Conferment of Proprietary Rights on Non-Proprietors in Abadi Deh (Amendment) Ordinance, 2001.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on and from the 14th day of August, 2001.
2. Amendment in section 2 of Act I of 1995.- In the said Act, in section 2-
(i) in clause (2) the words “an Assistant Commissioner or a Collector of a sub-division” shall be substituted by the words and brackets “a Deputy District Officer (Revenue)”;
(ii) clause (3) shall be substituted by the following: (3) Executive District Officer (Revenue) means the Officer Incharge of Group of District Officers as specified in Part-C of First Schedule of Punjab Local Government Ordinance, 2001 under the head “Revenue”;” and
(iii) clause (4) shall be omitted.
3. Amendment in section 5 of Act I of 1995.- In the said Act sub section (1) of section 5 shall be substituted by the following:
(1) An appeal against the order made by a Collector under this Act shall lie before the Executive District Officer (Revenue).”